Trainee Employability Tutor
Durham / Tees Valley Area
Offploy is a growing business, now seeking a Trainee Employability Tutor to join The Offploy Foundation team based in Durham.
The ideal candidate will have lived experience of the criminal justice system, be keen to help people with criminal convictions find employment
and be confident in delivering workshops.
Offploy CIC is on a mission to place 250 people with criminal convictions into meaningful, mentored and sustainable employment by July 2019.
Offploy was formed in May 2016 and is currently supporting 3 corporate organisations hire over 500 people with criminal convictions.
We actively encourage people with criminal convictions to apply for our positions, which will be discussed at interview stage.
Main duties include-
- Delivering Offploy’s Employability course to candidates in the east riding area, keeping the best interest of the learner in mind at all times.
- Liaising with partner organisations (Such as Job centre, Prisons, Probation and the voluntary sector)
- Recruiting learners to join the course.
- Preparing venues to ensure they are fit to deliver the courses.
- Ensuring admin is filed correctly in line with compliance and funding rules.
The successful candidate will-
- Have a proactive approach to tasks.
- Have a keen passion for supporting people with criminal convictions in to employment.
- Have an interest in teaching and mentoring.
- Be passionate whilst providing excellent customer focused service
- Be ‘teachable’. This is a unique job and will require a lot of training to become competent.
- We are looking for a candidate keen to learn how to deliver our courses to candidates who need it the most.
On promotion, you will progress down one of two avenues:
- Employability Tutor – You will deliver more of the course every week across Durham and Tees Valley region.
- Candidate mentor – You will support 30 candidates in employment for 12 months throughout our apprenticeship program.
This will include mentor training and support from the Offploy team. You will also liaise with key managers at client companies.
From your employment you can expect-
- A fun and friendly office environment
- Support and professional development
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Salary- £7.50 per hour plus travel
- Working Hours – Part time
- Employment Type – Part time
Applications close Monday 21st August 2017 at 5pm.
To apply for this position, please send CV’s and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org .